Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Knee checked and getting better

Yesterday I was starting to get concerned that my knee had stopped getting better.

So I took a couple of hours out of work to head to Hounslow NHS walk in centre to get it checked out.

After an hour and a half wait I got to see a doctor who gave me a thorough going over. She says the knee seems stable and there's no ligament, tendon or cartlidge damage which is a huge relief.

She suggested a support, ibuprofen, light exercise and patience. The latter I'm not good at when it comes to recovering from injuries!

So I'm still not training. If I rest I should get 3 or 4 weeks training in. If I push too early I could do more serious damage and risk not even making it to the start line plus any other unpleasant consequences :(

Roll on next week and hopefully a repaired knee !



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment