Saturday, May 7, 2011

Lights shakedown and it's scary at night


I knew I shouldn't have done my lighting shakedown ride after visiting the Dinosaur Adventure Park.

Riding in the forest in the pitch black on your own is scary enough without imagining every noise is a Raptor or T-Rex !!!!!

The lights are working well although I only tried them for about 25 minutes. I've got a batch of new batteries that need to go through a handful of charging cycles before CLIC24 kicks off.

During the event we'll be charging the batteries via a 12v power pack, a bit of car power and maybe even a generator.

The bar mount and helmet mount combo in the picture should keep us going through the night with a bit of luck.

Night riding is totally different from riding during the day. Even with good lights shadows are thrown over everything. Your senses are hightened as you have to react to stuff much faster and much of which you cannot see !

By the time sun rises around 5am you feel like you've died and gone to heaven as you can actually see properly again. Still another 7 hours to go though :(

No comments:

Post a Comment