Monday, May 16, 2011

The start

We missed the riders briefing which must have changed times but know the ropes so got by.

It was my turn to start for Flatlanders so lined up in good time.

At 12:00 we set off in sunshine and cloud but no rain!

Aaron has some video of my crawling over the line in the pack which I'll post when I can.

The course has changed a fair bit this year for the 10th anniversary and has made it about 15 minutes longer plus more technical and challenging.

Highlights include a boulder field climb, a stream crossing, an extremely challenging climb that goes on for about 20 minutes and hurts! plus a bog section which is already bearly ridable!

It's much more fund to ride but takes longer and uses more energy. After the first lap I'm already worried about the night laps :(

I took my time and finished in about 1:15 which for me is respectable.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment