Thursday, March 24, 2011

Parrots, Pain and Stats

Firstly let's get the parrots out of the way. The other week I was sure I saw a green parrot in Richmond Park. I was very tired so doubted what I'd seen.
Today two green parrots flew over my head as I rode along. A quick Google shows they set up home there about 10 years ago. Amazing. They must be pretty hardy to survive all year round.

Todays ride was the third in a row and I've been doing a 9 mile round trip to the office each day. So, my legs are starting to ache a bit. Looking forward to getting another ride out of the way in the morning then giving them a rest.

Finally, there's the stats !! Ages ago I downloaded RunKeeper Pro for my iPhone but never used it until today. It tracks your training session using GPS for running, cycling, etc.

Well I'm blown away. It's really easy to use. Just tell it what you're doing and press Start then Stop when your done. Easy. If you set up an account it uploads your activity to their web site and will post to Facebook and Twitter too if you want it to.

You get a break down of your work out, graphs galore, a Google map of your route, sector splits, height climbed, calories burnt, the lot. Check out this link for my ride today. The map is hidden so everyone on the planet doesn't know where I am. I like my gadgets and this one is really cool !!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment