I stumbled across CLIC24 which is a 24 hour mountain bike endurance event set in Cheddar Gorge and is run in aid of CLIC Sargent. CLIC Sargent are the UK's leading charity supporting children and the families of children who are suffering from cancer or Leukaemia. My wife had a brain tumour as a child and CLIC Sargent helped out her family a lot. So this seemed like the perfect event to tackle.
I teamed up with my mate Aaron and we rode the event in 2008 and again in 2010. We raised a fair bit of cash for CLIC Sargent. It was a huge undertaking that required a lot of preparation and training. I documented the build up in my blog at the time.
I wasn't sure if I'd be able to do the event this year as I've changed jobs and have been very busy. However, I've entered and am now committed to what will be relentless early morning training sessions, endless event preparations and pain.
To keep up with how I get on, check my blog for regular updates.
No comments:
Post a Comment